August 15, 2008

Roosevelt Elk and The Girlies



These guys live 200-300 yards from us. I haven't seen them in a couple of years (mainly because I don't drive in their direction). They were out tonight though so I got a picture of them while I was standing on the side of the road. And you thought I had a big family!



(I know it's not the greatest picture, but they were a long way from the road & I had to crop in quite a bit so you could see them)



Meet the Roosevelt's- the Roosevelt Elk, the largest subspecies of elk in North America.






A little bit worried here.





I love this one of big sis smooching Julianna's cheek while she's caught mid-smile.





Mamacita y su hermana:





Another:





I love this one:





Mid-yawn:





Millie's turn, not quite as proficient in the head-supporting department as big sis:





And one of just Millie, who was quite done with pictures. Can you tell?


No comments:

Post a Comment