March 16, 2013

St. Paddy's Day Dash

St. Paddy's Day Dash!
Gracie (13) ran the 10K (her 3rd race, 2nd 10K) &
Gabe (11) & Millie (10) ran the 5K (his 2nd race, her 3rd)
 photo IMG_8168kkweb_zps0e44fd58.jpg
Conditions were not pleasant for running today- it rained, it hailed and the winds down by the water were crazy! Poor kids were trying to keep warm before the race began. 
(my lens was a bit fogged up when I took this)


 photo IMG_8177web_zps0a1e0365.jpg
I tried to do the girls' hair to look like 3-leaf clovers. They won a $25 gift certificate to Gordy's Pizza for "The Best Wearing of the Green". (they gave out LOTS of prizes for that) Millie's soccer coach from last season is the one giving her a high five in the pic. 

Let The Race... BEGIN! 
 photo IMG_8194web_zps6282ddef.jpg
There were 97 runners today.

Fast forward a bit and...
 photo IMG_8201kkweb_zpsa9016068.jpg
Here comes the winner of the 5K- Mr. Gabriel Long! I couldn't believe it when I saw my 11 y/o ahead of the whole pack! He was the FIRST PERSON to cross the finish line! So he got first place in his age group. Time: 22:05

 photo IMG_8205web_zps26ef86e9.jpg
The intensity shows on his face.

 photo IMG_8221web_zps22d85cc7.jpg
And here comes Emilia! She did awesome too! She was the FIRST FEMALE to cross the finish line! 5th overall! First in her age group! Time: 23:27

 photo IMG_8229web_zpsf66cf98b.jpg
And here comes Gracie! Does she even look like she just ran 6.2 miles?! Gracie was the FIRST FEMALE to cross the finish line! 3rd overall! First in her age group! (the boy in front of her was finishing up his 5K run) She's a brave girl to want to run the 10K for the second time now. She has an amazing amount of endurance. Time: 45:13

 photo IMG_8259kk_zpsc9928cf3.jpg
I am SO proud of these children!
(for LOTS of reasons!)

 photo IMG_8275web_zpsef6fb421.jpg
Well done, Gracie! Well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment