September 16, 2008

At The Lake




Here's Julianna sleeping on her
daddy. This little one is a daddy's girl already and it's just not
right. They're usually "mine" until about 18 months. But I think mommy
and daddy are equal in her eyes already. There have been plenty of
times he can get her calmed down and to sleep when she wanted nothing
to do with me. *sniff* The day I took this photo, they had been napping
on the beanbag together for a few hours!


Bath time. (going for a vintage look here)


 




I bought
this bonnet on Etsy- it is SOOO beautiful! It's too big for her right
now but I wanted to get a picture of her in it. Going for the vintage
look again..



Giving me her "what-choo-talkin'-'bout-Willis" look (or maybe it's the
"don't even think about sticking that camera in my face again" look?):


And a half-smile:


A is
for anxious for apples, before they are ripe.



(all SOOC or straight out of camera- except to resize/sharpen for web)









E is for Ewww!



and G is for Goofball.


This is our last week of our summer break, although we've already completed 3 weeks of this new school year. We were done the last Friday in May but kept going for 3 weeks so we'd have a little extra time off with Julianna. This summer has flown by but has been very enjoyable. We've had great weather and lots of sweet time with our baby girl.



Yesterday was another gorgeous day so we decided to head out to the lake while we still could. We've
made several trips there since we discovered how close we lived to this incredible little beach. It was *blindingly* sunny. We could not even see our children in the water in front of us. We had to move down the beach a ways so we could watch them from the side.  But yesterday was the first time I'd ever taken my camera! And by the time the harsh, harsh light had gone and it was nice enough for pictures, everybody was ready to go home. Oh well. It was fun anyway.



I love how shallow it is for quite a ways out. See how far out Gabe & Gracie are & it's just up to their knees still?





I just love this boy. He is constantly making us laugh! Here Josiah was so fascinated by how big his shadow was. "Look how BIG I am, mommy!"



That's Josiah way out there & still up to his knees. What I thought was neat about this picture was the light reflecting off of the water- it looks star-shaped!





Whenever we go here the children have to find their "boats"- driftwood they use to ride around on. And they usually find a stick to push them along in the water.



Gracie & Josiah silhouetted in the lake.





Julianna hung out with her (hunk of a) daddy.





Tried to get a silhouette of this canoe & its crew as they rowed past. They were jammin'!





The sun rapidly slid behind the mountains.





And THAT'S when the light gets nice- and that's also when everyone else wanted to leave! Except Millie. So while I was "rounding her up", I snapped a few that I liked.

(color)





(B&W)





And two B&W's of the same photo. This one is more "vintage":





I think I like this one better:

No comments:

Post a Comment