September 19, 2007

State Fair








Giant Pumpkin Carving




Millie, holding her 2nd place and participation ribbons after Mutton Bustin':





A beautiful goose:





Gabe, holding the belt buckle he won for placing first in the Mutton Bustin' event:





The food at the fair is SO YUMMY! We had to start the day off with a raspberry jam scone (YUM). For lunch Kenton, Alek & I had BBQ pork sandwiches. MMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!





And curly fries:









The rest of the children wanted corn dogs (at $3 a pop):





Millie went back for a second round of Mutton Bustin', hoping for a first place.





Giving each other some love and a pep talk before the competition:





Ready to bust some mutton!





Oops! Oh well, it was fun anyway. Maybe next year!





Getting faces painted:









Yes, Josiah wanted a butterfly. On his arm. *sigh*





Alek got pawprints on his arm:





Playing with the "Junk Chimes", a musical masterpiece made entirely of... junk! Josiah was so funny. He'd play the drums like this:





And then suddenly turn and take a step towards me & point a drumstick at me like this. I don't know who he thought he was.  LOL!:





A cute little goat that wanted OUT:





This cow had something to say, I tell ya. But I can't  tell you what it
was. She swore me to secrecy and I'd have to kill you if I told you.





One day old piglets nursing on their mama:




No comments:

Post a Comment