September 16, 2007

Tea Party








Gracie will be 8 soon! She is growing up way too fast. She's my frilly, girlie-girl who loves to dress up and loves all things pretty and pink. So opposite me when I was little. We had her birthday party yesterday, and boy, was that ever a ton of work. It was a tea party! Just Gracie's, well, cup of tea! 



I took these today because in the busyness of yesterday, I didn't make sure I got a picture of just the chair covers my mom
made. Didn't she do an awesome job?! She also made a beautiful
table runner:









See the hiding child in this picture?



The table as it was slowing being set. The tea for one set was one of Gracie's gifts:





Kenton did some of the grocery shopping for me & he picked these flowers out. They went so well with everything. You can see the table runner my mom made in this pic:





Fruit Salad:





Cucumber, chicken pecan salad and salmon sandwiches, cut into pretty shapes:





Gracie's hair looked so pretty:





More of the table & the tea menu I made:





Looking over the menu. The scones are on the top plate next to the chocolate
dipped strawberries:





I had to get a pic of the cloth napkins. I found a cloth napkin folding video tutorial online to make these "roses." Oh, and this may be the only pic where you can see the ham and cheese sandwiches. They're behind and to the left of the flower vase. And I used such a shallow depth of field because it was so dark in here, that they are blurred. Trust me. They're there and they were GOOD!





Gracie and her perfect tea table manners (uh hum- if you can't see what she's doing behind her hand, I'll tell you. She took her tea bag clip and clamped it onto her lip for our entertainment ):





Chocolate Chip Cheesecake and Chocolate Peppermint Bars:





Pumpkin Gingerbread and Lemon Oatmeal Cookies (YUM):





Another tea for one set I picked up at Starbucks:





My mom, the Sewing Queen:





Gracie and her dainty little teacup (can you see her behind it?):





A lot of the fancy-schmancy dainty little tea things in these pictures belong to my mother-in-law. After everyone left last night, I immediately got all of her china and pretty things washed up, dried and carefully packed and wrapped back into the box she brought them over in and placed on top of our refrigerator. It makes me nervous to have such things in this house:





A Grandma Lola tea cup:





Happy Birthday Girl:



Sipping tea:





Looking over the menu:





Guess I'd better put the camera down and refill Gracie's tea pot:





Refilled and happy:





Where the Lemon Curd and Devonshire Cream resided:





Yummy Tea (the favorite of the day):





And a few more of the birthday girl:















No comments:

Post a Comment