September 20, 2006

Mutton Bustin': Gabe's Turn







Getting him ready to go.
Okay, so Gabe likes animals. From a distance. Get him
up close and he wants NOTHING to do with them. But. There was a cowboy
belt buckle at stake here. A real one. So after Alek, Gracie and I
convinced Gabe to enter the contest, there was no turning back. He was
determined. Determination is a character trademark of Gabe's. I really
wondered if he'd back out last second like Millie did, but nope. Not
Gabe. Last week's memory verse and theme were about confidence. I asked
him where his help came from & he said, "My help comes from the
Lord, maker of heaven and earth." He was ready to go. Gabe's also
one of the most buffed 5 year olds I've ever seen. And that came in
handy! 








Look at the sheep's front hooves! He really took off!
This is where most children fall off- right after the sheep takes
off. 








The sheep, skidding around trying to get that thing
off his back! But Gabe's still holding on tight!









And a close up crop of the above shot.








Gabe slipped to the side after that sheep skidded like
that but he held on for 6 seconds! You should've heard the crowd
cheering for him- it was so cool! It was exciting to see a child
actually stay on for more than 1 second- and he stayed on for 6! He rode
sideways like this almost all the way across the arena, where he finally
fell off. 








The nice man again, walking Gabe back to the gate.
There were a few more children that rode after Gabe, but none came close
to beating him! He won first place! And got a really cool belt buckle
for it! I was so proud of him! I asked him if he could hear me cheering
for him and he said, "Yeah mom, you were loud!" LOL! :) I'm
not sure he realizes how many people were cheering for him! Yay Gabe!

No comments:

Post a Comment